Vattenfall IDNO provides renewable energy developers with strong commercial offers for new grid connections, with the added benefits of Asset Adoption Value payments and value engineered designs.
As a fully licensed IDNO we provide an alternative to working with your local DNO and deliver cost-effective grid connections via a simple, managed process with a single point of contact.
Working alongside your existing Independent Connection Provider (ICP), or via one of our recommended contractors, we review and approve technical designs and finance the contestable works required to connect your project. We have developed trusted relationships with a network of ICPs, who can provide fast response call outs in any area of the UK.
Asset Adoption Values are calculated on case-by-case basis and can significantly reduce the cost of a grid connection – read more about Asset Adoption Values.
Why choose Vattenfall IDNO?
- We understand generation connections, they are core to our own business
- We have a wealth of experience working with DNO’s and National Grid
- We have a wide network of O&M providers making us responsive across all areas of GB
- We have a dedicated team and will provide you with with a single point of contact
- We are market leading for timely project delivery
- We have a world class supply chain support for infrastructure resilience
- We provide design services to enable your connection designs to be modified
Asset Adoption Value payments explained
Vattenfall can add value to your connection via:
- Specifying alternative cable types
- Shared substations
- Long list of ENA approved equipment
Managing DNO Challenges
- Point of Supply changes
- Site boundary changes
Opening up tricky developments
- Separate connections for PV/Wind + BESS
- Shorter cable routes via private land (save money vs DNO approved cable routes)