Generation and Renewable Connections
Vattenfall IDNO provides renewable energy developers with strong commercial offers for new grid connections, with the added benefits of Asset Adoption Value payments and value-engineered designs as part of our renewable connections service.
Generation and renewable connections refer to the processes and infrastructure that link energy-generating projects, such as wind or solar farms, to the primary electricity grid, enabling the transmission and distribution of the produced energy.
As a fully licensed IDNO, we provide an alternative to working with your local DNO and deliver cost-effective grid connections and renewable connections via a simple, managed process with a single point of contact.
Working alongside your existing Independent Connection Provider (ICP), or via one of our recommended contractors, we review and approve technical designs and finance the contestable works required for effective grid connections to your project. We have developed trusted relationships with a network of ICPs, who can provide fast-response call-outs in any area of the UK.
As part of our connections distribution service, Asset Adoption Values are calculated on a case-by-case basis and can significantly reduce the cost of renewable connections and grid connection - read more about Asset Adoption Values.
Why choose Vattenfall IDNO?
- We understand generation connection and renewable connections; they are core to our own business
- We have a wealth of experience working with DNOs and National Grid, optimising renewable connections
- We have a vast network of O&M providers, making us responsive across all areas of GB
- We have a dedicated team and will provide you with a single point of contact throughout the connection distribution process
- Our IDNO services are market-leading for timely project delivery
- We have a world-class supply chain support for infrastructure resilience
- We provide design services to modify your grid connection designs as needed
Asset Adoption Value payments explained
Vattenfall can add value to your renewable connections via:
- Specifying alternative cable types
- Shared substations
- Long list of ENA approved equipment
Managing DNO Challenges
- Point of Supply changes
- Site boundary changes
Opening up tricky developments
- Separate connections for PV/Wind + BESS
- Shorter cable routes via private land (save money vs DNO approved cable routes)