Vattenfall IDNO provides UK Data Centres with strong commercial offers for new grid connections, optimised for future power demands.
As a fully licensed IDNO we provide an alternative to working with your local DNO and deliver cost-effective grid connections via a simple, managed process with a single point of contact.
Working alongside your existing Independent Connection Provider (ICP), or via one of our recommended contractors, we review and approve technical designs and finance the latest climate smart technologies to power your project. We have developed trusted relationships with a network of ICPs, who can provide fast response call outs in any area of the UK.
Asset Adoption Values are calculated on case-by-case basis and can significantly reduce the cost of a grid connection – read more about Asset Adoption Values.
Why choose Vattenfall IDNO?
- Market leading for timely project delivery
- Tailored operation and maintenance services for adopted assets, including smart monitoring of assets for faster fault detection
- World class supply chain support for infrastructure resilience
- Ramping and Capacity Reservation to support staggered development growth
- Support for integration of green energy solutions – Including EVs, BESS, PV, eco-Switchgear
- Complementary offers – For Private Wire Networks, PPAs, District Heating and renewable energy generation
Asset Adoption Value payments explained:
Partnering with Vattenfall IDNO provides Data Centres with multiple benefits:
- Smoother management of DNO/National Grid and Independent Connection Providers (ICPs)
- O&M and supply chain presence throughout the UK to meet strict data centre uptime requirements
- Class leading integration of remote monitoring and control technology and operations to all networks
- Flexible scope of adoption to match developers’ needs
- Complete project support from early-stage design through to delivery and adoption
Contact us now to discuss your project
Vattenfall have partnered with Microsoft to power their data centres in Sweden. Together we have delivered an innovative matching solution via which we measure consumption at the data centres every hour and match this with 100% renewable energy supplies from onshore wind and hydro. The partnership began with a trial in 2019 that has now been scaled-up to provide power to three data centres.
Vattenfall and Facebook have signed long-term supply and service agreements to power Facebook’s Nordic data centres in Odense, Denmark, and Luleå in Sweden with renewable energy.
"We are excited to partner with Vattenfall on our largest European renewable project to date. These projects will add wind energy to the Nordic grid providing a 100% renewable solution to our data center campuses in Odense, Denmark and Luleå, Sweden and renewable heating for the community in Odense from the heat recovered at our data centre."
Vince Van Son, Facebook’s Commercial Director for Energy and Infrastructure.
EcoDataCenter in Falun, Sweden, partnered with Vattenfall to ensure reliable electricity supply. Vattenfall provided investment for their electrical infrastructure and owns and manages all on-site, transformers, switchgear, UPS and backup power facilities. All ongoing O&M services are also provided by Vattenfall.
"The choice to go with Vattenfall’s Power-as-a-Service approach was based as much on a financial decision as on the need to ensure the quality of the electricity supply. Vattenfall took the investment in the technical equipment and continuously ensures that we always have electricity in our data centers."
Lars Schedin, former CEO, EcoDataCenter